COVID-19 Vaccination Important Announcements
We are aware of letters sent by NHS England asking patients to call to make their appointment and travel to various places across the UK for their COVID vaccine. Please check this page periodically to see up-to-date information on which groups are currenly receiving vaccination invites from Bethesda Medical Centre. If we have not already contacted you to book an appointment locally, we will be in contact in due course. Please ensure your contact details are up-to-date.
IMPORTANT: Please be aware of scams. You will never be asked to provide payment or bank details to prove your identity. Our SMS/Text Messages will generally only arrive from the sender 'BethesdaMC' and will contain a link which will take you to a secure area in which you can book your appointment, similar to the example below:
COVID-19 Vaccination General Information
We would like to kindly request that you please do not call the surgery asking for information on the vaccine as this is likely to overload the phone system, and will cause delayed access to those with a genuine medical requirement to see a GP.
Although we can inform patients which group category they fall into (e.g. Group 2,3,4,5 etc), there is currently no schedule and therefore unfortunately we are unable to advise patients when they can expect to have their vaccine.
Please be assured however, that Bethesda will be contacting it's patients by SMS, email, and telephone as and when they become eligible for the vaccine. For this reason it is extremely important that the contact details we hold on your record are up-to-date and correct. Please use the form at the bottom of this page to update your contact details if you believe they may be incorrect.
This section of the website will be updated as new information becomes available.
COVID-19 Vaccination Site
COVID-19 Vaccinations will be carried out at St Peters Church Hall, Hopeville Ave, St Peter's, Broadstairs, CT10 2TR on specific days. These clinics will only be available for those who have a pre-booked appointment made by Bethesda Medical Centre. Walk-ins are strictly not allowed. See below for the latest updates.
COVID-19 Vaccination Group Updates - 16/02/2021
COVID Vaccinations for Group 4 only
If you are aged between 16 & 64 AND listed as COVID at-risk/have underlying health conditions (see list below for at-risk list), you are in Group 6 and may be eligible for a COVID vaccination. If you fit this specific criteria you should receive a text message from us which includes a link you must click and follow the instructions.
Please ensure you only call us if you are experiencing difficulty booking, on 01843 209300 (Option 2, then Option 1, then Option 1 again).
Some of those in Groups 1,2,3,4 and 5 or those who are a Frontline Health and Social Care Worker (see following list) who haven't responded to a previous offer of a vaccine by may still receive another invite to book an appointment.
If you do not fit this specific criteria please do not contact us regarding the COVID Vaccination as we will be contacting patients in other groups in due course.
If you are a Frontline Health and Social Care Worker we will ask you for your workplace ID or proof of your occupation at the time of vaccination; please ensure you have this available.
Frontline Health and Social Care Workers
- Ambulance Care Assistants
- Ambulance Technicians
- Biomedical Scientists
- Catering Staff (to Care Homes and Healthcare premises only)
- Dentists and Dental Staff
- Emergency Medical Dispatchers
- Estates and Facilities Managers
- Healthcare Housekeeping Staff
- Health Support Workers
- Health Visitors
- Laboratory Staff
- Learning Disability Nurses
- Laundry Services (supplying to Care Homes and Healthcare premises only)
- Mental Health Nurses
- Molecular Geneticists
- Mortuary Staff
- Nursing Assistants
- Nursery Staff
- Occupational Therapist
- Orthodontic Specialists
- Pathology Staff
- Pharmacy Delivery Drivers
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Podiatrists and Chiropodists
- Medical Secretaries
- Speech and Language Therapists
- People and Patient-facing Social Services personnel (including Job Centre staff)
- Community Care workers
- Fire Brigade
Voluntary Sector Care
- Patient and People facing
- NHS Hospice Volunteers
- Funeral Arrangers
COVID-19 Vaccination Group List
- Group 1: Residents in a care home for older adults and staff working in care homes for older adults
- Group 2: 80 years of age and over, and Frontline Health and Social Care workers
- Group 3: 75-79 years of age
- Group 4: 70-74 years of age and COVID high-risk/clinically extremely vulnerable (not including pregnant women and those under 16 years of age)
- Group 5: 65-69 years of age
- Group 6: 16-64 years in an at-risk group/underlying health condition only (see list)
- Group 7: 60-64 years of age
- Group 8: 55-59 years of age
- Group 9: 50-54 years of age
- Group 10: Under 50 years of age
Clinical Conditions/At-Risk List
- A blood cancer (such as Leukaemia, Lymphoma or Myeloma)
- A heart problem
- A chest complaint or breathing difficulties, including Bronchitis, Emphysema or severe Asthma
- A kidney disease
- A liver disease
- Lowered immunity due to disease or treatment (such as HIV infection, steroid medication, chemotherapy or radiotherapy)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus or Psoriasis
- Have had an organ transplant
- Had a stroke or a Transient Ischaemic Attack (TIA)
- A neurological or muscle wasting condition
- A severe or profound learning disability
- A problem with your spleen, example Sickle Cell Disease, or you have had your spleen removed
- Are seriously overweight (BMI of 40 and above)
- Are severely mentally ill
Post-vaccination Advice (for those who have already been vaccinated)
It is important to remind people that even though they have been protected with the vaccine, they can still carry and spread the virus to those who have not been vaccinated yet. It is imperative that people stick to the current national guidelines and resctrictions by wearing a mask, washing hands regularly and keep a 2-meter distance from other people. We need to carry on taking precautions for ourselves and others until the government advises otherwise.
Change of Personal Details
Please use the form on the right to notify us of any changes to your personal details or contact information. This will help us to reach you with any future updates.
Any name changes must be verified by a copy of the certificate (deed Poll/Marriage/Civil Partnership etc). We will contact you when we require this evidence.